- The Global Aircraft Trading System (GATS) platform went live on 1 June 2020
- Voluntary reorganizations and the Cape Town Convention
- AWG and Aviareto propose c-19 trusted communication facility
- AWG has issued watch-list notices for covid-19 related action, and in connection with the insolvencies proceedings, in each case, for purposes of the CTC compliance index
- GATS digital signature format satisfies FAA policy clarification
- COVID 19 related action
- AWG establishes working group on Environmental Social & Governance (ESG) and aviation finance
The spread of the COVID 19 virus (c-19), and the resulting regulatory and health-based restrictions on passenger air transport, have placed unprecedented stress on aviation requiring immediate governmental support and relief. AWG, in consultation with other affected parties, is assessing a range of actions to assist the air transport sector in addressing the economic impacts of the spread of c-19.
The overriding objective of AWG work on XBT is to seek alignment of international regulation, national law, and best practices with the realities of cross-border transfers while at all times maintaining or improving the highest standards of safety through processes that reduce regulatory overlap and duplication and promote consistency, accuracy and simplicity.
Environmental Social and Governance
AWG has established a working group to assess, provide information, and potentially take action on, ESG geared to the context of aviation financing and leasing . The foregoing may include the development of metrics, methods, emissions (and CORSIA-related liability) tracking, reporting and documentation and/or principles geared to the context of aviation financing and leasing.