- AWG issues updated negative watchlist notice (update 2) for India under the CTC compliance index, materially lowering India’s compliance category and score
- AWG publishes major suite of resource materials on the Cape Town Convention and the Aircraft Protocol (CTC) to aid courts, civil aviation authorities, practitioners, academics, and all others using or interpreting CTC
- AviLease joins AWG
- Cape Town Convention Academic Project - Conference on enforcement and dispute resolution in relation to CTC will be held on 27 - 28 September 2023, University of Cambridge
- AWG appoints three research fellows
- Cross Border Transferability (XBT) Handbook
- AWG submits comment letter on EU Taxonomy as applied to Aviation
- AWG releases its semi-annual 2023 update of the Cape Town Compliance Index
Cape Town Convention
AWG was a central participant in the development of the Cape Town Convention (CTC).
CTC is a treaty designed to facilitate asset-based financing and leasing of aviation equipment, expand financing opportunities, and reduce costs – thereby providing substantial economic benefits.
The overriding objective of AWG work on XBT is to seek alignment of international regulation, national law, and best practices with the realities of cross-border transfers while at all times maintaining or improving the highest standards of safety through processes that reduce regulatory overlap and duplication and promote consistency, accuracy and simplicity.
Environmental Social and Governance
AWG has established a working group to assess, provide information, and potentially take action on, ESG geared to the context of aviation financing and leasing . The foregoing may include the development of metrics, methods, emissions (and CORSIA-related liability) tracking, reporting and documentation and/or principles geared to the context of aviation financing and leasing.